RI line in Blackstone to Concord
Cosigned with MA 16 in Holliston.
Cosigned with MA 27 in Wayland.
Brief multiplex with MA 140 in Bellingham.
Brief multiplex with MA 30 in Framingham.
In 1930, 126 went from Uxbridge along modern 16 to Milford, then through Holliston to Framingham. It passed through Framingham, Framingham Ctr and Sudbury (along Edgell Road, presumably) and into Concord. It headed north from Concord to Carlisle, Chelmsford and finally ended at US 3. By 1933, the section north of Chelmsford had become MA 4. By 1936, the route was moved to its current path from Framingham to Concord. By 1939, it existed as it does now south of the multiplex with 16, which took over the road to Uxbridge. The route was truncated to end at MA 2 by 1954.
[flickr-gallery mode=”search” tags=”MA 126″ user_id=”80252055@N02″]